As a year-round community museum, we offer a variety of exhibits and have on hand a very diverse collection of artifacts from household items to farm equipment. The following are the largest..
Over 150 antique clocks and watches on permanent exhibit from the Nova Scotia Museum. These objects were collected by the late Norman Phinney and sold to the Nova Scotia Museum with the understanding that they be displayed in the Middleton area.
Rusty Nail Collection
This collection consists of over 500 items assembled and catalogued by the students of Middleton Regional Junior High School history teacher, Mrs. Leonie Cumming, who began teaching at the school in 1949. Housed first at the high school, the collection moved to the museum in 1980 and is an integral part of its collection.
- Nova Scotia Museum Clock and Watch Collection
- Recreated general store
- Recreated classroom
- Collections of Historical Artifacts of the Area
- Local Sports Heritage Wall of Fame
- The Clock Tower
T he Annapolis Valley Macdonald Museum is home to the N.S. Museum’s collection of over 150 antique clocks and watches.
This permanent exhibit showcases items collected by the late Norman Phinney and was one of the primary reasons for establishing the Macdonald Museum. Many of the clocks are in working condition. There are a wide variety of clocks and watches on display, with some dating back to the late 17th century. Anyone interested in clocks would do well to see this exhibit – one of the best in Eastern Canada.
A tribute to local athletes.
For more on this see middleton.ednet.ns.ca and click on “Wall of Fame”
his memorial tower was designed by Joseph Everett Chandler of Boston. It was built for William Inglis Morse and Susan Alice Ensign Morse to put on their property in Paradise, Annapolis County in 1936. Susan Morse Hilles, daughter of the original owners, gave the tower to William Inglis Morse, the 2nd, in 1963. He, in turn, donated it to the Nova Scotia Museum complex in 1989 as a part of the outstanding clock collection at the Annapolis Valley Macdonald Museum to perpetuate the memorial function of the tower. The structure was moved to its current location at the south end of the museum through the combined efforts of the Nova Scotia Museum and the Annapolis Valley Macdonald Museum.
(photos to come – tower is currently under renovation)
McKenzie Creamery 1923- 1968
A small exhibit of photos and artifacts telling the history of one of Middleton's most successful businesses.